Are you expecting a baby boy and stuck on which name to pick? Have a look at our top 20 guide to the most edgy and modern baby boy’s names for 2013. There is a wide choice and we’re sure you can find a little inspiration.
What’s Hot for 2013 in the baby boy names stakes?
- Jagger – he might have been a rocker, but this name is at the top of the charts for boys in 2013.
- Lincoln – It’s a place and surname of an American president, but it’s also a very modern name for your little one.
- Hawkins – Unusual and strong sounding.
- Knox – Another strong name that is masculine but yet cool.
- Jamison – A modern twist on James and pretty hip as a boys name.
- Axel – Memories of another rock star, unique and perfect for some.
- Nico – Popular in 2012 and still going strong.
- Xander – TV star and actress January Jones named her baby boy this and we think it’s pretty edgy too.
- Jace – Is it a shortened version of Jason or just a new and hip name for cool kids?
- Mason – Solid and suitable for either boys or girls, plus we like it.
- Lucas or Lukas – whichever way you spell it it’s a nice name for a boy.
- Dominic – Making a comeback is this classic name, it just never seems to go far out of fashion.
- Jaden – Faintly reminiscent of the orient and a perfectly good name for your baby boy.
- Harper – The Beckhams called one of their children Harper Seven, but we prefer simply Harper for a boy.
- Brooks – This name evokes memories of babbling water and streams, great for eco friendly parents to name their son.
- Zuma – Good enough for Gwen Stefani‘s son so it’s good enough for any little boy.
- Ryker – Are you a star trek fan? Then why not name your baby boy after Commander Ryker who was played by actor Jonathan Frakes in Star Trek – The Next Generation.
- Thorn – even the cutest little boy can have a name like this, and they aren’t always prickly!
- Brantley or Brentley – The meaning of Brantley is proud in English, Brentley is just a slight alteration of the spelling and just as nice.
- Finn or Finlay – A light and pleasant name for any little boy, although can also be used for a little girl.
Naming a baby is never easy and with so many to choose from you can get overwhelmed by the choices.
Take your time and think about your baby growing up, imagining him as a teenager for example and see if you still like the names you have short listed. You could opt for a more traditional name or wait and see what your baby boy looks like before deciding.