It comes as no surprise that new little Royal George has received a shed load of baby gifts from well wishers.
They have so many gifts that they’ve got to the point where William and Kate have asked people to stop sending their gifts and instead to please make a donation to the Imperial College Healthcare Charity. This is a charity based at St Mary’s Hospital where George was born.
The Royal aides have been reported to be struggling with the tens of thousands of gifts and cards that have flooded in for George since his arrival on 22nd July 2013.
You can’t blame people for wanting to send a gift. But you can imagine just how difficult it must be to handle so many at once. One thing’s for sure, George certainly won’t go short of anything.
Some of the Royal baby gifts included-
- Box set of Roald Dahl books from Prime Minister David Cameron
- Hand embroidered blanket made by nuns in Spain from Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg
- Reserved seat for George marked with a plaque in the Greene King Pub in Cambridge
- Tricycle from London Mayor Boris Johnson
- Three year old apple tree from Labour leader Ed Miliband
- A personalised Aston Villa football strip from the club itself
- Mini skinny jeans and hoodie from Kanye West
- Baby salt water crocodile from an Australian state
There is a very mixed bag of presents here – and many more that are not listed. What would you send to the boy who has everything?
Here at Angel Gifts our most popular baby boy gift is this very cool looking pirate ship money box. When it’s engraved it adds an extra special personal touch.
If I were to choose to send George something it would be this, or you can’t go wrong with a classic teddy bear.
When giving any baby gift, it’s always the thought that counts and I’m sure William and Kate are very thankful for every one of George’s presents. We wish them well and I’m sure there will be lots more baby news to come from them.